Hi! I’m not sure but I think I have glaucoma. I remember that once I listen about it on TV. They said that it can be very dangerous. I feel severe eye pain and headaches also. I know that I should go to doctor but I don’t have enough time. Can anybody tell me does glaucoma cause pain?

There are different king of glaucoma. Exactly glaucoma is a group of eye diseases that damage the optic nerve. I know that the most common signs of one of them are eye and head pain. You really need to go to ophthalmologist and do certain tests. Unfortunately, there is no cure for glaucoma but it can be controlled.

Hi there,
I don’t think that glaucoma can cause you pain, only acute glaucoma has symptoms of pain in one eye. The fact is that glaucoma is a condition that affects your optic nerves and you have bad vision from it. There are several types of glaucoma, like chronic glaucoma, acute glaucoma, congenital glaucoma and secondary glaucoma. So if you have any symptoms of glaucoma you should see your doctor as soon as you can because the sooner this condition is diagnosed the easier the treatment will be. In most cases the surgery is the best option that removes the problems from your eyes. I hope that this helped a bit.

All the best,
Danella

Well it can cause severe pain in both eyes, leading to nausea and dizziness and vomiting