Hi. I’m 24 y old and I’ve been wearing glasses for 6 years now. I regularly visit my dr to check health of my eyes. So far, he said that nothing was wrong with my eyes except being slightly shortsighted. I have -1.00 dioptre on both eyes. But, during last 3 months I’ve been feeling as if my right eye view angle is more and more narrow. Also, when I compare my sight between left and right eye (and they have same dioptre) I notice that my right eye sight is worse – I feel as if I’m looking through dark glass… I went to se dr about this problem but he told me not to worry and that everything was ok. But, still, I’m concerned… Could this be a symptom of Glaucoma?

Well, Glaucoma is very serious eye disease. It usually has no warnings or symptoms and in most cases it causes complete lose of sight. That process can happen in various periods of time, but it usually happens gradually. Glaucoma (and vision loss) is caused by the optic nerve damage so in many cases normal eye examinations cannot discover it. At least in early stages. From what you’ve told us I really can’t confirm ore deny that you have it but I would suggest that you visit your dr once more. Also, visit another dr – you really need second opinion.

If you're worried, get a 2nd opinion

and i'd say make an appointment with an Eye specialist

a Retinal Specialist that also does checking for Glaucoma

as well :),They're probably over 100 bucks but they can see and tell you everything :) and unlike a reg eye doctor,their surgeons too

so they won't lie or anything just to make their money!

I suggest doing this ASAP. :)

Good Luck,A.M