Hello! My grandfather has glaucoma. He is sixty and I am afraid he is going to lose his eyesight. His doctor prescribed some eye drops and medicines. He takes them strictly as prescribed and goes to every check up arranged by his doctor. I read an article in newspapers that vitamins could be helpful with glaucoma. Is this true? Should I talk to my grandfather’s doctor before we decide to use some nutritional therapy?

Hello! First of all you should talk to your grandfather’s doctor. It is very important your grandfather stays under doctor care and continue using the prescribed medicines. Vitamin C reduces intraocular pressure by raising the acidity in blood, so he can drink fresh juices or eat fruits which contains vitamin C. It is also proved that people who don’t eat enough food with chromium are in higher risk for glaucoma. The best sources of chromium are egg yolks, brewer’s yeast and ripe fresh sweet and starchy fruits and vegetables.