Hi! Has anyone had Cyclodiode laser for glaucoma? Please, tell me your experience. Do you satisfied with it? Is it effective? I’m totally afraid of it. I heard that it can be dangerous. Should I feel a pain after it? I don’t know anybody who has it and I’m worried a lot. Thank you!

Well, you know that your condition is serious. You probably have advanced glaucoma when you need to have Cyclodiode laser surgery. I had it few months ago and I’m ok now. I can tell that I’m satisfied. There may be some pain or discomfort after surgery. Prepare yourself for that. Good luck!

Hi there,
If I am not mistaking this treatment method is only used for severe cases of glaucoma. This is used for the cases that didn’t responded to medical or basic surgical therapy. I think that the process is something like this. A laser probe is placed on the surface of the eye and pulses of laser energy passed through the eye wall to reach the surface of the ciliary body. By doing this it causes small burns on your eye. This will decrease fluid production in your eyes. The fact is that it is really efficient and you should do this if you can’t get rid of your problem in the eyes with normal treatment options.

Best wishes,
Marco