Hi! Last year my mum got glaucoma. She is using certain eye drops and she is satisfied. But yesterday I heard on the radio that there are some eye exercises which can help with some eye diseases. Please, can somebody tell me are there eye exercises for glaucoma. I would like to help my mum. Thanks!

There are some eye exercises but they are useful if poor vision is caused by a weakness of the eye muscles. These exercises are useless for glaucoma because the problem is due to abnormalities of the eye itself. But some people thinks that eye exercises can bring energy and blood to the eyes and that can help.

Hi there,
Glaucoma is a set of disease that damage the optic nerve that affect your vision by eliminating it in some cases completely. If I am not mistaking there are two types of glaucoma, a open angle glaucoma and closed angle glaucoma. Which one do you have? The fact is that you can benefit from isokinetic exercises that are very similar to aerobic exercises. These exercises are done for fixed rate of speed such as stationary bike. This will help you with your blood circulation and there for your eyes will benefit by removed problems indicated with glaucoma. I hope that this was helpful in any way.

All the best,
Danella