Hi! My mum has a problem with her eyes. She feels constant mild eye pain and she can not stand the lights. She thinks that she has glaucoma but, of course, she isn’t sure. I really don’t know anything about it. Please, can somebody tell me what early signs of Glaucoma are? Thanks!

You should know that usually there are no early signs of glaucoma. Unfortunately glaucoma rarely causes symptoms until very late in the disease. Because of that regular vision examinations are the only way to tell if glaucoma is developing. Sometimes the early signs can be tearing and light sensitivity or eye pain and headache.

Hi there,
Well glaucoma is set of conditions that affect your eyes. The fact is that there are several types of glaucoma, like open angle glaucoma and closed angle glaucoma. The symptoms are little different in open angle glaucoma and closed angle glaucoma, but some that are similar are, vision problems and vision loss. In closed angle glaucoma she will notice red eyes, swollen eyes, nausea and vomiting and sever pain in eyes. My suggestion that she goes and see a doctor that will un some eye test to see what is really matter with her. Is she using any medication right no? Could this be caused by medication? I hope that this helped.
Best wishes,
Marco