Hi! Since last month I feel constant pain in my eyes. Sometimes I have a headaches and I think that my vision is starting to be blurred. I suppose that I have glaucoma. My friend who has glaucoma told me that I have these common signs of this eye disease. I want to know how can glaucoma symptoms be controlled?

You probably know that there is no cure for glaucoma. It can be controlled successfully. In the early stages of the disease, it can be controlled by medication (that’s means eye drops) or laser surgery. These treatments are used to bring the intraocular pressure under control. Of course, treatment varies from person to person.

Hi there,
I am not sure if you really wish to control your symptoms. You should be focusing your effort to stop this condition so it doesn’t cause any symptoms in the first place. There are several types of glaucoma, so in order to treat the glaucoma you have to first know what kind of glaucoma do you have. There is open angle glaucoma and closed angle glaucoma, also congenital glaucoma and secondary glaucoma which happen after the surgery for glaucoma. Have you considered seeing a doctor to check your eyes? This will benefit you the most. Try not to use any medication on your own without doctor’s prescription. I hope this helped a bit.
Best wishes,
Marco