Hello, guys. My child has been experiencing lately some nightmares and they are pretty serious. I would like to help him, but I don’t know how. I would appreciate is someone could tell me how to deal with those. I hope someone will help me with this. Thank you for replying.

Hi, there. I know what you mean. Nightmares can be pretty disturbing for kids. They are described as a vivid and frightening dream during the REM phase of sleep. These dreams can cause psychological problems. Psychotherapy can help here. I have heard about this desensitization method. It is something like rehearsing a nightmare. However, you fix a different ending of it. I think you should consult an expert about this. Good luck!

Hi, there. I agree that you should consult an expert. You must eradicate these nightmares in order to prevent some more serious consequences. However, I think it is also important to find the cause of these nightmares. Maybe something is bothering your kid. This is his way of expressing this problem. You can also try to talk to your kid. I hope everything will be all right. Please, let me know what you find out. Bye!