Users comments and reviews on article Antibiotics & Alcohol: The truth and myths by SirGan

Thank you for posting this article. I had no idea that it was okay to drink alcohol while on a course of antibiotic treatments, although I don't know if this will impact my decision not to do so in the future. I know that drinking alcohol can also impact my ability to recover from an illness quicker and that alcohol is a depressant, so I think that I will skip drinking while being sick to begin with. But I do still think that this article was highly informative, and I'm glad you posted it.

thanks alot for posting this! 4 days of amoxicillin and im feeling great! I'm going to finish the last 6 days of the prescription and get sh*t faced every day! woooooo

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well but the logic in not drinking whiel you're doing antibiotics is because drinking alcohol can be hard on your body! Please try to go easy on yourself until you're done with your course of antibiotics okay? :)

I appreciate the article & found it interesting. I had always only thought drinking alcohol decreased the efficiency of antibiotics, not other possible side effects.

Good post. Very informing. Learned a lot. Thanks

I had an antibiotic for acne. Tetralysal 300 mg. Not food in the stomach and 2 glasses of wine last night. Took 1 hour to my boyfriend to wake me up. I feel that my body was numb, nausea, abdominal cramps,headaches and fast heart rate. Why?

Nicely done article, as someone who can atest to the verisimilitude of the facts, very well done.

I've been on amoxicillin for 3 days now, and after drinking only half a glass of something mixed with everclear my stomach started to feel a really sharp pain. I'm still not 100% sure if the two are defintely related, but reading this article has at least let me know that I'm not going to die (always nice to know.) Thanks!

thank you... nicely done.. much appreciated..

this is very informative stuff. i had been guessing for many years about the effects of alcohol and antibiotics. this has cleared up much of the myths. thank you very much.

I have been violently sick whilst on 500mg four times a day of Amoxicillin and I would not say I had an over excessive amount of alcohol so I'd avoid drinking 4 pints or more.

wow this is really good info. i found exactly what i wanted and learned a few more for later. great site.

Good info exactly what I thought about the reaction when anti-biotics are mixed with alcohol. What astonished me is that the anti-biotics I am taking is one that shoud be avoided:tinidazole. Thanks

21