After coming back from work, especially when I am in the second shift, I am exhausted, but I can't fall asleep for hours. I just turn around in bed, because I am too tired to do anything useful. A little before dawn I take a nap, and when I have to go to work, I sleep (and dream) deeper that in bedtime. Can it be that this disorder is somehow connected with my allergic sneezing? How can I overcome it?

Nasal obstruction may be the main cause of that insomnia. There are always underlying causes, but they may be difficult to identify. You can try with pressing and sleeping pills, but you must know that drug therapy may be beneficial for short-term improvement, while behavioral intervention – which means: changing something about your habits, diminishing the psychological pressure of your job – provides more sustained effects. Long-term use of many psychotropic or sedative-hypnotic drugs can cause adverse reactions and may actually impair sleep. Behavioral intervention combined with pharmacologic agents may be more effective than either approach alone.