Hi there. I am a 22-year-old male who recently recieved unprotected anal sex from another man. My partner did not ejaculate inside of me; however, I am worried about the presence of HIV in pre-ejaculate. You see, a little more than 24 hours later (roughly 30 hours), I developed the ARS symptoms of the HIV virus. These included chills, fever, sore throat, fatigue, aches, nausea, and swollen lymph nodes. Within three days, the symptoms vanished except for a lingering sore throat.

I am very confused because I was operating under the presumption that ARS symptoms occurred a couple of weeks after the sexual encounter, not less than 36 hours, and that they lasted for about a week, not three days. Does this sound more like a flu bug? I am obviously going to get tested for HIV in several months' time, when the results will be more conclusive. However, am I wrong to think that these symptoms might be the result of ARS?

Sounds like the flu to me.