I have unprotected sex with a girl I knew and became my gf. After 1 day I came up with nasalcongestion and chills. Following 2 more days with fever and chills. I took paracetamol to lowered down the fever and the fever actually lasted for 3 to 4days. Nasal congestion still bad, I went for a rapid blood test for hiv after 4 weeks of exposure and test came back negative. Then I start feeling weird on my tounge but has no thrush like what I search on the net. It has been hard for me to sleep at night, I will wake up every 1 to 2 hours of sleep tossing and turning around. My skin also felt very hot but with no fever. Im waiting for another rapid test on the 3rd month from exposure. Im worried dead I hope I didnt catch any hiv or std. I do not want to dissapoint anyone around me. Im ready to commit suicide if the test comes back bad. Hope god forgive me.

I know how scared you must be thinking you caught HIV or any other sexually transmitted disease, but you need to calm yourself down and look at things bit more realistically. It's not really possible for HIV symptoms to appear just one day after the unprotected intercourse - nasal congestion and chills sound more like you caught flu, than anything else. Besides this, you say that this girl is your girlfriend now - do you have any reason to think that she might be HIV positive? If that's the case, than both of you need to get tested again, even though you already tested negative once.

Wish you all the best, Nicole

I did actually ask her for her hiv status and its kind of awkward to ask such thing. But she assure me that she did not have hiv as she already did a blood work before she did her nose plastic surgery and that was 4months before my unprotected sex with her. Sorry but to add on. I actually have very bad headaches, nauseousness, loose stools and I have been having weird feelings with my tounge not sure if its thrush. And I actually read alot on the net and it says that if it is ARS it would probably resovle on its own within roughly 2weeks. But from the start till now it has already been 2month plus but im still not really feeling well.