I am a 20 year old female and two days ago I woke up with swollen glands and a really bad sore throat. Later on that day it progressed to chills and a fever. I couldn't sleep at all the first night as I had such a bad sore throat and I kept going back and forth from really bad chills to night sweats. I stayed in bed for more of the 2nd day although when I did need to get up I felt really really heavy and I would get very nauseous. I tried to go to a walk in clinic today (being the 3rd day) but the wait was over two hours and I just couldn't sit feeling the way I do. Any thought on what it could be? And ideas on how to remedy it?

Celebrity

You may have a throat infection... Tonsilitus
It makes you feel like your saying. My daughter gets it alot. Have a look if you have white spots on the back of your throat. If so you may need some antibiotics.
If not pain killers drink lots an lots an get plenty of rest.
Gargling is good too.
I gargle with dissolvable pain killers. It works faster.

Sounds like the flu (Symptoms: Fever, Headache, Muscle aches, Chills, Extreme tiredness, Dry cough, Runny nose may also occur but is more common in children than adults, Stomach symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, may also occur but are more common in children than adults)

CaroleL. is right as i currently am showing all those symptoms and as i have tonsillitis. i seem 2 get it every January although haven't had it for couple of years! the only way it will clear is with a course of antibiotics! the sooner the better. the symptoms usually persist for up to 2 weeks. and its hell! try to eat as much as possible! gargle on disolvable aspirin and suck tyrozets available at the chemist as the have antibiotic properties.

Will someone please take the id**t that dignosed HIV's computer away.

Some people shouldn't go outside.

My symptoms aren't as bad. I noticed my glands started to hurt last night really bad around 11pm and I tossed and turned all through the night. My body is slightly achy. I've had swollen glands before from I think Tonsillitis a few years ago. This morning I gargled with warm salted water and took 600mg of ibuprofin and had oatmeal for breakfast and my glands are feeling better already.

how are you just gonna go out an tell someone they have HIV from a sore throat and night sweats! You have no basis on that diagnosis and you shouldnt be telling things to people that could potentially ruin their lives. You may have just a simple flu or something. probably nothing to get to worked up about at this point.

Ok, the person that diagnosed HIV, is wrong! I am currently suffering from a very bad sore throat, fever, chills, and sweats, does that mean I have HIV? I just have a case of the flu. Just drink lots of liquids (not coffee, as it will dehydrate you), like gatorade, herbal teas, chicken soup/broth, get lots of rest and you'll start to feel better. Good luck and hope you feel better.

Well it could just be a fever with a sore throat. If it is strep throat, you may also have white dots at the back of your mouth at the top. You may also have pain while swallowing.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Can you explain to me what the difference is between strep throat and a normal sore throat? I'd really like to learn because that would be helpful. Thanks!

Ur pregnant sounds like what happend to me might sound weird signs of pregnancy but i went to the emergency room with the same symptoms thinking i was dying and turned out i was pregnant. I have one son that is 9 months old and when i was pregnant with him i had a great pregnancy never sick once or anything.

I had the exact same c**p, no chills, just night sweats though, getting over it, coughed up unusual brown and red mucus... gross c**p... if anyone knows what it is or if you found out sunshine, please lemme know, my gf keeps trying to kiss me and i say no so she wont get sick, and people keep stealing my pop at school i dont wanna give every one mono or somthing, definately not HIV though, that would be moronic to think.

Seriously, HIV?? That is so overboard, I can't even believe the moderator of this string let it through. Thank God others wrote in saying how dumb that is, so the original poster isn't possibly freaked out! See what kind of advice you get on here?! Truth is, it's impossible to tell - I think- if it's viral or bacterial. Usually doctors don't even know! They can do a strep test, that's about it. So good luck, either way, you'll figure it out.

wow i gotta touch on that HIV retard myself lol i got kinda scared for like a 10th of a second then thought there's no way in hell it's HIV

I got the same thing and i felt so bad i had a fever of 110, felt really weak and dizzy,cold sweats and i couldn't move or drink anything for 3 days... It's not HIV i went to the doctor and they figured it was mono at 1st or strep throat but said it was neither after some tests found out it was tonsillitis. Just go to the doctor and get checked out you should be fine and if you been messing around with too many people unprotected maybe you should just get checked out anyway lol

Ok so i have the same symptoms for the past couple of days fev er has come and gone and is the worst its been yet 100.2 and i have chills. or rather cant get warm. also ik if i take IB profen it will help but once the dossage wheres off it just flares right back up! i went to the docs yesterday they gave me sudafed... and its not really working! any thoughts?