Over the past few days my boyfriend has been suffering symptoms such as a sore throat, swollen glands, lack of appetite, night sweats and chills during the night, a high fever, fatigue, severe headaches and has recently only recovered from a bout of food poisoning. He is extremely stubborn and will not go to the doctor. I'm pretty sure the food poisoning cleared up before the flu symtoms started to occur but they have been within one day of each other. I appreciate any input. Thanks.

Your boyfriend's stubbornness sounds like it could be difficult to deal with, so good luck. How high is his fever? It sounds to me like it would be a good idea for your boyfriend to see a doctor if he has a had a sore throat that lasts longer than two or three days. That usually indicates other problems, and it may not even be a flu! I hope that things go well for him. Please keep us posted on his recovery, and good luck to you.