About 20 weeks ago, I had a really bad flu. I had swollen glands on my neck, a fever, extreme fatigue, chills, sore throat, and headache. I went to the doctor and she thought I had mono but told me if symptoms go away, I don't need to bother getting tested. They went away shortly after my appointment so I didn't bother getting a mono spot test. I've been fine up until about 5 weeks ago when I started to get sick again. Now I have a mild but constant headache, rattling in my lungs when I inhale, even worse fatigue than before, sore throat that comes and goes, a bad cough that is mostly dry but occasionally coming up with a little bit of phlegm, uncle weakness and joint pain, and swollen, painful lymph nodes in my throat, side of my neck and back of my head. I've tried to check my lymph nodes in my armpits and groin but it's hard for me to tell if they're swollen or not. I haven't been having unprotected sex but I had several partners and I was infected with chlamydia after wearing a condom so I'm concerned about whether these are indications that I was infected with HIV too. Also, would having protected sex with someone who was HIV+ while I had chlamydia increase my chance of becoming HIV+?

If you are concerned about being HIV positive then go and have the test done. It is free and easy to do. Knowing your status is the first step towards prevention. If you do not have HIV you may have something much worse that can be festering in your body and each day will get stronger and stronger which can cost you dearly. Or you may just have a flu in which case you need to go have it looked at. See how it all boils down to going to the doctor? That is why we have these highly trained individuals in our society. Use them to stay healthy and thrive.

Hey there I would definatly go in for a recheck .... Thoes symptoms don't necessarily mean you have HIV they can be caused by many other illnesses too but regardless you need to be checked out because if left untreated it could get serious and yes there have been cases or evidence that having another std increases the chance of HIV transmission and infection