Hello. I am a 27 year-old male and for the last two days I have been suffering from fever, and a sore throat. Besides that, my tonsils are enlarged and lymph nodes in the neck and swollen. I main reason I got so panicked and paranoid is that I have engaged myself in unprotected sex last week. I was drunk and it just happened, I didn’t even know the girl. Anyway, could this be ars? I know it makes these flu-likes symptoms? Please, can you give me some info as soon as possible.

Hello there. Although ars makes flu-like symptoms I don’t think this is the case. Ars usually happens like 2-4 weeks after the contact and when infected with hiv usually all lymph nodes get swollen. What I think you may have gotten yourself is a mononucleosis. This contagious disease is spread through saliva. It is a viral infection that lasts longer than a common sore throat. Besided the symptoms you mentioned you may also feel the loss of appetite and generalized weakness. Infectious mononucleosis is generally a self-limiting disease, which means it goes away on its own in most cases. Occasionally mono can cause complications. To be sure what it is, you need to have some blood tests.

Your Glands are up cause your Tonsils are infected.You can also have fever from time to time.Have them removed - You will feel MUCH better in general once they are history.They are toxic to your system and the longer you leave them the worse it could become.