Is it possible that arthritis affects only neck and a shoulder, and not joints and back as it is common? I feel permanent pain in my neck which spread on shoulders. I have to use pain killers every day. There is probably influence of sitting in same posture at work for about 6-7 hours every day. Is it arthritis that is going to follow me till the end of my life?

I also had that stiffness in neck and shoulders primarily that sometimes spread on hips too. It is called polymialgia rheumatica. I didn’t know that I suffered exactly that disease, my physician diagnosed that when I couldn’t live on painkillers any longer. He told me that polymialgia rhemautica can resolve spontaneous within about 4 years. I have started with physical therapy and practice several yoga postures every morning. I spend a lot of time sitting but have better posture and feel significantly less pain.