Hello! I often feel pain in my neck and shoulder. Since I work with computer I spend many hours sitting in front of it and at first I thought this caused my pain. Then I visited my mother who suffers from cervical arthritis. When I compare her symptoms with mine I realized they were completely the same. Can cervical arthritis cause my neck and shoulder pain?

Hello! It is difficult to say if your neck and shoulder pain is caused by cervical arthritis. Neck and shoulder pain are the most common sign of cervical arthritis together with headaches and neck stiffness, but it can also be the sign of some other similar diseases. Also, it may be connected with the eventual bad sitting position you have. You should visit your doctor and talk to him about your symptoms. He will most probably X-ray your neck to check for possible degeneration.