Hello, I started to feel tightness in my neck and shoulders muscles two weeks ago. The pain is not that strong, it is more of an inconvenience than a real pain. But it still interferes with my everyday life. I just got a new job and neck muscles tightness is not helping me to make a good impression. In fact it makes me even more nervous. Can I do something about it without going to the doctor?

Hi, there are many reasons that can cause muscle tightness. It may be induced by irregular posture, stress and continuous sitting behind the desk. Since you said that you just got a new job I would say that the stress is the main reason for your muscle tightness. There are few things you can do to eliminate the pain. First of all try some of the relaxation techniques. You should also try some stretching exercises. In fact I think that yoga is just the thing for you because it combines relaxation and stretching. Yoga will help you to learn how to deal with stress and at the same time it will strengthen your muscles. If you practice yoga three times a week your neck muscles will never be tense again.