Hi, my work requires a long sitting in front of the computer, and I often feel pain in my back. I have sudden, uncontrolled contractions in my neck and shoulders. How can I stop these persistent muscle spasms?

Hello, irregular sitting in front of the computer can easily cause persistent muscle spasms. They can also be caused by twitches, twitches, tics and chorea. Local spasms can be consequences of sudden movements, nerve disorders and disc disorders. This condition happens unexpectedly with very small stimulation, and lasts for several minutes. The most common cramps affect hands and feet, but sometimes neck and shoulders too, like in your case. Muscle spasms are not dangerous and can be diagnosed with electromyography of the affected muscles. There are no some specials treatments, patience and stretching could be enough. But if you want to use some medicines too, there are carbamazepine and phenytoin that could probably help you.

Hi...That dreaded stiff neck or neck spasms is most often caused by a neck muscle called levator scapulae. During spasms, due to loss in range of motion, neck stiffness occurs. Correct your sitting and sleeping posture, do some exercises related to pain control techniques. Take care of your health.