Hello! I noticed that my problems with my neck have become very frequent. I usually feel pain and stiffness. This used to happen many times but not so often so I didn’t pay much attention to it but when severe headaches started as well I became worried. I haven’t still visited my doctor although I plan to. What can be the cause for stiffness in my neck?

Hello! There are many reasons for the stiffness of your neck. Pain, stiffness and headaches are usual symptoms of cervical arthritis or spondylosis but it may be connected to some other disease as well or even just a consequence of bad posture. Since the pain and stiffness last for some time you should visit your doctor and discover the reason. He will most probably order an X-ray to see if your vertebrae have deteriorated or even do a myelogram with CT (computer tomography) scan to provide a picture of your spine’s bone structure. Magnetic resonance imaging is also used to get a picture of soft tissues in the spine. After examining the results he will decide on the possible treatment and therapy.