I suffer extreme pain in my neck and right shoulder, it doesn’t respond on painkillers any more. It is more that arthritis pain and I’m practically unable to have normal activities. I’m not very physically active and have to spend a lot of time sitting because of my job. I’m 39 years old, female. This pain started to be this intensive about two weeks ago. I guess that it is not that serious that surgery would be needed. Please post.

I had the same problem, had severe pain and stiffness in my neck. It spread on shoulders and limited the ability of their movement. I had to change a lot of things in my lifestyle to help it. First, I bought special cervical pillow, that is very thin, and have started to avoid sleeping on stomach. I have started with very simple exercises that are helpful in strengthening muscles in this area. My posture is much better now. During last 8 years I thought that had no time for exercise and now I suffer the consequences of physical inactivity. I have also tried electrotherapy and laser treatment. These methods relieve pain, and even common massage is from help.

were you checked out for Gallstones, may be be a possible factor?

have an ultrasound on your rotor cuff,  x ray won't pick it up, my ligaments are torn from the rotor on both sides and it causes  extreme pain in neck and shoulders .nothing helps, celebrex for a few hours..good luck ,hope u have found the cause by now.