Hello, I am not sure if this is the right place for me, but I will try here. I was cleaning windows yesterday morning and by the evening I had neck pain which through the night spread on my shoulder and right arm. I didn’t hurt my hand during cleaning and I haven’t done anything unusual, but somehow I believe that I injured my self. What could be the possible causes of neck and shoulder pain?

Shoulder and neck pain is a common and even cleaning windows or reaching for a jar can strain and injure shoulder muscles and tendons, especially in people who are out of condition. Other possible causes for your discomfort are: unnatural sleeping positions, tension and stress, osteoarthritis, inflammation of a tendon or even arthritis or an injury to your neck can pinch a nerve in your neck. Maybe you should see a doctor and scan, just in case.

I have 5 neck discs that are bulging, they have cause severe pain in the back of my head where my neck joins my head, and as this healed, now my shoulder is aching. It is all from the discs in my neck!