What can you tell me about the allergic asthma? What is the main cause of it? I have been suffering from it since I was a kid and now that I am going to have a child of my own, I am afraid that it will have the same health issues I do. Is there any way I can prevent it?

Well, the main cause of the allergic asthma is allergy, and that allergy can be caused by several things. Usually, this type of asthma might be caused by the pollen allergy and that can be avoided if the allergen is eliminated. And if we are talking about the pollen, you have to know that it is not easy to exclude it from your lives, especially in the spring.

There is no known way to prevent allergies, or allergic reactions that may cause asthmatic episodes. Not all people with allergies will suffer from asthma and just because you have it does not mean your child will. When your child grows older and they are showing signs of allergies, confirmed by your doctor of course, you can keep allergens in your home controlled by avoiding carpeting and rugs, dont keep pets in the home if they are triggers. If you do have pets, rinsing them off weekly can keep the dander down. The center for disease control has a lot of information on this and other asthma related things at cdc.gov. The American Lung Association also has a lot of information as well that will help you out. Good luck!