Hi, my daughter who is 6 years old is suffering from asthma for several years already. She feels bad especially in the winter months. She is also allergic on many different things and it makes her problem worse. I would like to know what I may do to help her with this problem and how to act in such situation.

Hi, allergy and asthma always go together. Because of allergic predisposition your child did get asthma. She had sensible airways since she was born and with common colds she developed asthma. Asthma is inflammation of airways in the lungs and it is very sensitive to all allergens from surrounding. Dust, pollen and allergens from food may cause worsening of allergy symptoms and it may cause worsening of asthma conditions. There are not some specific suggestions but to avoid polluted environment, cigarette smoke and other allergens. Also it would be good to avoid colds and viruses as it may provoke asthmatic seizures.