>:( My step son (I stress STEP son) seems to think that Marijuana is good for asthmatics medically. He said that he could prove it. In the mean time he has a really bad cough. When his father confronts him about his drug use he makes excuses. I can't stand behavior like this... All of my husbands kids are out of control and blame their bad behavior on their parents divorce. His son is 18 years old and his out of control daughter is 16, my God these kids are out of control and now my marriage is on the rocks. Do you have any help medically. I can't stand this anymore.

please, do not think that marijuana is oh so harmful and bad. if that is the extent of his drug use, be happy it stops there. marijuana is hardly dangerous to your health. tobacco and alcohol cause more damages.
marijuana CAN be used to help treat asthma. it helps open up your airways more so you can breathe. type the words "asthma marijuana" into google and you'll get a ton of results.

you don't have to SMOKE marijuana. the best way to consume it for people suffering breathing problems would either be edibles, or vaporizing.

(and if they live in california, the young male can recieve a medical marijuana license for asthma making it legal by the state for him to consume it for his health reasons.)

now, if he's acting out of control . . . i wouldn't blame the marijuana. it doesn't make you fat. it doesn't make you stupid. it doesn't make you lazy. people make themselves out to be those things. it sounds like he had issues before he started smoking. don't blame the plant for his actions.

Marijuana is a blessing from god. :-) Embrace it, Love it, enjoy it!

Dear concerned lady, I was first diagnosed with "severe chronic asthmatic bronchitis" ( asthma ) in 1979 with symptoms first recognized or realized in 1975. I was granted a "Service Connected Disability" in 1979. I am now a Disabled Veteran..... This asthma was the result of being exposed to many different industrial pollutants associated on board an aircraft carrier and at a base where my ship was rebuilt, where I performed many duties, while in the Navy associated with rebuilding the naval vessel. As a result of this disease, I have taken every known medication allowed for relief through the Veteran's Administration pharmacies. In my early days, a medication called ephidrene was prescribed. I eventually became mildly addicted to the substance and it was commonly known and sold on the streets as "speed, crosstops, nickle bags etc. " This is also the active chemical or ingredient that is commonly extracted from cold remedies in the making of methamphetamines or "meth" at it is commonly referred. It also has other street names like "ice, crank, poor man's cocaine etc."..... I experienced many terrible side effectc from ALL the drugs prescribed to me over the many years, including severe internal bleeding, headache, nausea, vomiting and much more, even to the point of them being life threatening and I have been hospitalized several times as a result of taking these medications properly, including but not limited to "mandatory blood transfusions" as a result of the use of many steriodal medications. The ONLY medication I have ever used that did not cause any of these severe problems, except a fairly mild and yet very short term effect was marijuana, smoked through a pipe. I believe it would be better for me to use the newer vaporizers that have recent became available ( eliminates ALL side effects from smoking marijuana ) but those methods are currently very expensive. Mt advise to you is simple: Your son is probably very correct, assuming that smoking marijuana has helped his asthma symptoms... It has been a godsend for me. I have not smoked marijuana for about 4 years now because I was ordered by the courts in 2006 to STOP or face criminal charges. Since I stopped smoking marijuana, my asthma symptoms have returned and nearly killed me on several occasions but I no longer use almost all of the medications originally prescribed for me throughout the many years. I will be asking my doctor to prescribe me marijuana in the very near future now that medical marijuana is legal in Washington State. If he will not prescribe it, then I will find another doctor until I am successful in obtaining a legal prescription.... The benefits of asthmatic relief with the use of marijuana are nothing short of "amazing" when compared to the many other known substances. In as short as I could make it for you, your son is telling you the truth... I'm not saying to, "allow him to smoke it", until it has been prescribed by a physician. Get that son of yours to the doctor. Times have changed and this is a "good change". Mark my word...... In just a short while, you will see some huge advances in medicine now that marijuana use has broken down some of it's ridiculous "snub nosed" barriers. It's here to stay, it's a PROVEN medicine and it works for asthma...PERIOD !! I dearly hope my testimony has helped you see it in a more different perspective and I wish the both of you the very best... Sincerely, Thomy LeDoux Spokane Washington U.S.A.