I think I have runners knee. There is pain under the right side of my right knee cap that is exacerbated when I run. I just ran a half marathon, but I had to take a month off training right before the race (I got married :-)). I am doing another half marathon but my knee needs to heal first. I have not been running on it for 2 weeks now, but I have been doing Pilate's, yoga, elliptical, recumbent bike, and spinning. My question is about the spinning. Will this make my knee worse, or is it okay to do spin class once or twice a week?

You'll probably have to try it to find out, but I'm guessing it won't.

Don't really mash the pedals. Keep you cadence high >85-90 and you should be fine.

:wavey: you've got alot going on there, it's hard to say what might be causing the knee problem.

make sure you have a good running shoe, good fit and made for your running gait (pronation or underpronation). a good running store person can help you with this; consider your arch too.

how long have you been doing the yoga? sometimes yoga really irritates my knee, the hyperextension of most positions just does not agree with the ligaments around my knee but i am NOT a yoga expert, the flexibility probably comes with gradually increasing the difficulty of the workout, just like any program. maybe ease off the positions that stress the knee (pilates can do this too) and see if they feel any better.