Hello, I am 30 years old and I have been dealing with asthma for almost 15 years now. I have often chronic sinusitis attacks that are really bothering me. These days, my condition has been stabilized and I have even started with some exercises. Would working out help my asthma? I have a feeling that I am already better. Is that possible?

You are correct. Often, with people suffering from asthma, exercises help. Workout can decrease the number of attacks that obstruct the respiratory paths. Workout also improves the capacity of breathing and teaches the body how to breathe more properly. Yoga, for example, is a great way to help with this illness. I support you in your decision, and if you continue regularly, you will see that the number of those attacks will decrease even more.

For most of my childhood and even now in my young adult years I've had severe allergy induced asthma. During the ages of 17-20 I began to slowly run track and built up my stamina without pushing too hard.. I would run then breath in deeply and hold it in and slowly let it out a couple times - this helps strengthen your lung and lung capacity...

What this actually did was push away use of the nebulizer twice or more a day... It really depends on your asthma type, severity and ability to exercise but it worked really well for me.