Hello! My brother has a son who is one year old. He behaves differently from his other children. He doesn’t speak even the simplest words such as “mum” or “pa”. Sometimes he looks like he is not interested what is going on around him. Since my brother has four small children I think he and his wife simply have no time to notice something is wrong with the baby. At what age can children be diagnosed with autism?

Hello! I think you should talk with parents about your concerns. They will then maybe pay more attention to their child. Autism is a pattern of symptoms and parents are usually the first to notice unusual behaviors in their child. If there is no babbling and gesturing by 12 months, no single word by 16 month and no two-word spontaneous phrases by 24 months the child has to be evaluated by a specialist without delay.