Hello! We have a seven months old baby. This is our fist child but we are living with my sister who has four children and I can see the difference. He doesn’t always respond to my voice and sometimes it seems like he has no reactions to what is going on around him. We have a neighbor with an autistic child and I am afraid my child could be autistic too. What doctor should we see about possible autism?

Hello! First of all I think that your baby is too young to be suspected for autism. But, if you notice something strange is going on you should visit your pediatrician first. Maybe there are some other problems related to his not responding like hearing problems or something like that. If your pediatrician suspects the child has some problems he will direct you to the specialist for further examinations.

I disagree I noticed something was different about my son at seven months old. My family thought I was crazy but like all doctors I have spoken with they all say the same thing a mother knows. What harm would it do to have him tested especially if he is not meeting his or her milestones