Hello! My brother has a son who appeared completely normal before his age of two. Then he suddenly regressed and lost language skills. We notice he doesn’t respond to eye contact or smiles any more and he pull and holds his hand over ears when he hears the slightest noise. His diagnosis was autism. I want learn more about this illness in order to be able to support my brother’s family.

Hello! Living with autistic kid can be very difficult and needs much strength. Autism is a challenging condition for the families. Fortunately the outlook today is much better than it was before. With appropriate therapy many of the symptoms of autism can be improved. Sometimes the improvement is obvious and sometimes there are no results for a long period of time or even regress occur. The family has to be ready to live through good and bad days. There are many support groups for families with autistic children and I think the best is to join them in order to learn from their experience.