I can’t relax, I have too much worries and often trouble falling asleep. Last night I was anxious and I felt dizziness and this morning, after only three-hour sleep, when I woke up I noticed that lump has flushed in my throat. And it is all because of the stress I have on the job. I can’t live like that, I am not efficient enough at work anymore, but I can’t quit because I have to pay credit for a flat, alimentation to my ex wife….I am hopeless, please tell me what to do.

I think that you are suffering from generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), which is more than normal anxiety people experience day to day. Worries of people with GAD are often accompanied by physical symptoms like, headaches, dizziness, irritability or they might feel as though they have a lump in the throat. You should seek professional attention to help you deal with stress, and to check how that lump flushed in your throat. Successful treatment may include a medication called buspirone and medications such as benzodiazepines and antidepressants. Useful could be cognitive-behavioral therapy, relaxation techniques, and biofeedback to control muscle tension.

See a doctor. I had a lump in my throat that wouldn't go away, alternated between being afraid of screwing up everything and being too tired to care, recently had surgery to remove the suspicious lump and found it was cancerous. Luckily, caught it early enough, but I'm still feeling less than wonderful. Doctor may want to start you on sleeping pills, Trazodone is fabulous and non-addictive, can't feel better until you get enough sleep. We all screw up, it's how we deal with it that defines us. Get better.

hello everyone im 28 from malta. im suffering from anxiety disorder.[s

When I go to sleep sometimes not always, i get the sensation that my heart is pumping more rapidly I start to feel anxious and then I wake up suddenly like a rush of blood comin to my head . I feel the beating like of the heart beat nside my head I feel worried of what it might been . I feel hot too but then it goes after 5-10 sec

Can you tell me if its a panic attack or maybe something more serious? Thanks a lot and hear from you soon

Yours sincerley Gilbert From Malta

I had the same prob. I worked all the time and my ex put me in alot of stress with money. I had my arms and legs go numb so i went to the doctor and he said i had stress and an anxiety disorder. I had trouble with work and my life. I'm doing alot better now because i cut all the B.S. out my life and you have to think positive thoughts and not worry on the out come just go with the flow. TRUST ME it works! I use to have problems going out side, now I go everywhere and do the things I've wanted to do.From time to time it pops back up (anxiety) you just have to remind yourself to calm down and take slow deep breaths.