Hi everyone,

I am having these headaches which are probably caused by my anxiety but I can't seem to be able to make them go away. I tried some medications which are usually used to fight headaches and which were able to help me when I was having headaches but wasn't suffering from anxiety, but these do not seem to be working now.

Am I maybe imagining these headaches? Yes, I am asking myself this sometimes but I don't think that I might do something like that. Anyway, does anyone maybe know how could I get rid of these headaches caused by anxiety?

These headaches should be treated with just some regular medications for headaches, it doesn't matter that these are caused by anxiety. When I was suffering from anxiety I had the same headaches as you are having now and I used Tylenol in order for these headaches to stop and they did, this medication helped me. I went to talk to my doctor actually and he was the one who prescribed this medication to me.

Maybe you should just try using some other medications for you headaches if the first ones didn't work, maybe some other kind of medication will, who knows.

Gaia is right, medications should work, I don't know why aren't they working for you. Maybe in fact you did just imagine your pain? However, even if you did imagine your pain, these medications would work because they would have placebo effect in that case, you would just start thinking how these medications actually healed your headaches.

I don't know what to tell you, try another type of medications, or go and talk to your doctor. He might ask you to talk to a psychologist just to see what exactly is going on there, hopefully you will put an end to these headaches.

Good day there. How about trying some pills? If those headaches are so bad as you say, I don't know what do you wait anymore. I don't understand people who are ready to suffer and still they won't do nothing about it. It is crazy. I don't want to feel any kind of pain, so I always do take some pills that can help me relieve the pain. If you are not sure what pills for headaches you should use, than consult your doctor. It is nothing dangerous and it won't do any harm to you. Talk to someone who is an expert and he will help you to understand what is exact cause of your headache. Good luck!

Have you talked to someone about those headaches? Are you aware that headaches caused by anxiety can tell a lot about stress that you are getting through? 

You should know that anxiety headaches are often referred to as tensions headaches. Well, those tension headaches account for almost 90% of the headaches that I have experienced when I started to have problems with anxiety. My doctor helped me a lot, telling me that knowing how to recognize anxiety headaches or tension type headaches is essential for monitoring the stress levels within the body and ensuring you remain healthy and pain free. Those are his words, not mine. But I believe that he has a point about this.

Hi there. Tensions headaches can easily turn into migraines. I think that it is not matter if they are caused by anxiety or something else, but that is the fact. Those headaches also can cause a lot of different problems with your health and your body. You should definitely find the way to control it. For example, a doctor may select a medication because it is effective for an anxiety disorder as well as headache pain, . For example, those medications that can help you are amazing, such as some anxiolytics, tricyclic antidepressants, and monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs). These medications may be used to treat an anxiety disorder alone, too, but they can also treat headaches caused by anxiety.

Cognitive - behavioral therapy! That is my answer on your question. There is no better solution then this and I don't know anyone who went through this therapy that wasn't miraculously healed from his/ her headaches. 

So, before anything you should consult your doctor to explain you a little bit about this and you should ask him to start with CB therapy as soon as possible. Of course, if he finds you suitable for it.

I am sure that headaches will go away very soon and that you will be happy after this therapy.

Inform us about this.

Have a nice day.