Hello. I could use some help. I am mother of two children, boy and a girl. My daughter is ten years old and I'm very worried for her because she was diagnosed with autoimmune diabetes. I know some basics on this subject but this autoimmune part is new to me. What does that mean? Doctors said that her own body betrayed her. I do not understand that. Please, can someone explain this to me?

Diabetes mellitus (or diabetes type 1) is the name for autoimmune diabetes. Cause for this condition is damaged autoimmune system, previously infected with virus. Virus causes inflammation of certain parts of pancreas called Langerhans islets and creation of different cell antigens. Reaction between antigen and antibody leads to destruction of Langerhans parts of pancreas. Autoimmune diabetes is treatable condition, basic medicament is insulin.

There's a girl I love deeply & she too loves me or at least that's what I could tell form her look. I really care about her but am hesitant about confessing my love for her as she is a type 1 diabetic. I come form a clean bloodline & my family has no history of any hereditary disease & I don't want to contaminate my bloodline. Her diabetes is of the least concern to me but I wouldn't want the coming generations of my family to have it.
So, there are 3 questions I am dying to have an answer for:
1. Is there any safe & permanent cure for type 1 diabetes patient?
2. How can I prevent the forthcoming generations from getting it for sure?
3. How much would it cost for both the above procedures individually?