Do you think that my mom could have developed mild form of neuropathy as well as mild eye damages due to the fact that she was diabetic without knowing it for a long period of time? Anyway I am pretty sure all this is due to her late onset type 1 diabetes diagnose and that is why I am concerned over her health and would like to hear what are her prognosis now regarding this late onset type 1 diabetes.

I am sorry but it is not like I could be precise with such info but I know it is never good facing late onset type 1 diabetes for such patients are always in greater risk of developing some serious health complications which is obviously the case with your mom. Anyway my aunt faced the same situation and though I dislike saying this she developed serious health condition involving her vision and kidney damage and I know she is now at high risk of possible heart attack due to the late onset type 1 diabetes but what I wanted to say is actually that during the past year she tried improving her condition by having some treatment involving the use of hyperbolic room and she says it helps her a lot dealing with her diagnose.