Hello, guys. My friend has recently been diagnosed scurvy. As far as I hear, she will be treated with vitamin c injections. I am interested in what the recommended dosage is for these injections. I would really be thankful for this piece of info. I will appreciate all your efforts in replying.

Hello, there. I am sorry to hear for your friend. Scurvy is a disease caused by vitamin C deficiency. It is probably that your friend suffers from acute form since she will be getting injections. It all depends on her condition. I think the usual dosage is 350 mg per kilogram per day. You haven't mentioned your friends age. It is the best to see that with his/her doctor. I hope everything will be all right. Good bye!

Hope your friend is doing better by now! The usual treatment for scurvy, even though this disease is very rare nowadays, is about 1000mg a day for at least a week. Sometimes this is divided into two or four smaller daily dosages, but it normally takes a week of this treatment for the most of the scurvy symptoms to start to subside.

In some cases, when there are other conditions or even other vitamin deficiencies present (usually the iron deficiency), together with vitamin C deficiency which directly causes scurvy, it might take longer than a week for your friend to be  cured. Also, it might be necessary for your friend to take other supplements, together with enhanced diet, to successfully cure the scurvy.