Hi guys. I was wondering one thing - could vitamin deficiency causes gums to bleed? If its so, what type of vitamin I miss in my organism in that case?

The problem is that I have this for a while now and whatever I do, this problem won't go away. But also, I have notice that, whenever I am a bit sick or when my immune system is a bit upset, this bleeding is stronger. 

Is this has to do something with this? What to do to change it?

It is kind of annoying because I caught myself spitting blood almost everyday :/ It is ugly, I admit! 

For sure, don't doubt this!

Actually, a lot of people find it surprising that bleeding gums are closely related to your body's levels of vitamin D.

So, if you have bleeding gums, that is an indicator that you have a deficiency of vitamin D. Now, when you know that, you need to work on your treatment. And of course, there are so many bleeding gums treatments, but not all are effective in the same way.

So, consult your dentist and try some. Don't expect to see some progress within a week, it takes a time to see some progression.

Good luck! 

Celebrity

In most of the cases, bleeding gums are often a result of poor brushing habits or not flossing enough. But sometimes, it can be because of that combined with some vitamin deficiency.  

So, you might try to add more calcium in your everyday life, since calcium is really good for your teeth. And you should definitely combine it with a vitamin C. To cut long story short, calcium has been shown to help build strong teeth, while vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, which can help you develop and maintain healthy gum.

Try it and see how this is going to work and of course - don't forget about good hygiene. 

Sure, it can, this is what I have notice without anyone telling me, when my immune system is affected, I notice that I have issue with a bleeding gums. I think that the deficiency of the vitamin B 12 is the main reason why gums are affected with this.

Also, it is proven that a  vitamin C also plays a really huge role in collagen synthesis, which is needed for your gums as well. So, try to ad more of every vitamin in your organism, because I am sure that this can help you. Eat more fruits, vegetables, etc. You will be OK.

Good luck!

It can, but that is not the main reason that you should be focused at.

The main culprit for this is vitamin C, actually the main culprit is a situation when you don't take enough foods or supplements that contain vitamin C.

So, if you are suffer from this problem, you should definitely think about how to incorporate vitamin C into your health plan, what are the best option. Also, you can ask your dentist about this, because he would know best what is causing your gums to swell and how long it would take to heal. If you are wondering will your dentist do some test to see do you take enough vitamin C or not, don't worry - the experience dentist can tell immediately when he sees your gums.

well, I also believed that Vitamin C deficiency is one of the most bigger reason why gums are bleeding, but than I find out that the main culprit can actually be a Niacin deficiency. now, you are probably wondering why this one since it is rare, but you should know that when pellagra or niacin deficiency occurs, a sore mouth with bleeding gums can results, which happened to me. actually, to be honest, I didn't even know that this Vitamin actually exist, but you than I realized that eating a diet low in tryptophan, can result in deficiency. always something new to find out :)