Hai! I'm a 13 year old girl. I'm turning 14 this august. I am 5-3. I play select soccer- in the position as stricker/forward. I weigh 130lbs. My thighs are thick yea, but my stomach as a lil flab, but nothing that hangs over my pants. I'm pretty sure that I'm mostly muscle, but do you think that I'm the average weight for someone like me?

Hi soccer,

first off, as long as you are being physically active and keep up with your trainings and matches, you should be able to have  much more control of your weight. The simplest and official way to determine if you're underweight, normal or obese is body mass index. Since it takes into account both your height and weight it's a good general guide to finding out your average weight. Since you're 5'3 and 130 pounds, your body mass index score is 23 and that puts you in the category of people with normal weight. Scores above 25 mean you're overweight, and those under 18 mean that you're underweight. So basically, all you need to do is to keep being active and eat healthy,

Wish you all the best,

Nicole