Am 19 years girl... my weight is 38 only... I wanna to increase my weight... please give any useful tips....

first off, how tall are you? That would help estimate how much weight would be ideal for you to gain - it's easier to do when you can set very clear goals for yourself.

Basically, there seems nothing complicated about weight gain because you simply should eat more and weight would just come... but the problem is, most people have other reasons that are causing them to be underweight and these problems might be an obstacle when you try to gain weight. Even then, it's still true that you need to start eating or drinking more calories than you spend daily. I mention drinking specifically because for me what was the easiest and most effective were shakes, with or without protein powder. You also have to be careful not to overdo with the junk and unhealthy food. Even though it does offer some cheap calories, the harmful effect they have on your overall health are far more important.

Wish you all the best,

Nicole

first, I say THANKS for your reply ... and sorry for my late reply... I don't know correctly my height sir... its approximately 152 cm..

Hi sujkee,

it's no problem for me to reply because I'm currently in the same position you are - trying to gain weight, but at the same time I don't want to go too far and then just be obese. I asked for your height because there is a relatively simple guide for how much weight you need to gain called body mass index, which takes into account both your current weight and height. Currently, your BMI is 16.4 that puts you in the underweight category - normal weight starts at BMI of 18.5 and higher. To reach this you'll need to gain from 8-10 kg. Have you considered maybe trying protein shakes (like the ones bodybuilders use) or simply making high protein meals yourself?

Wish you all the best,

Nicole