Hello! After six months of sufferings from different urinary symptoms, my wife finally persuaded me to go and see an urologist. After thorough examination, my doctor diagnosed benign prostatic hyperplasia a.k.a prostate enlargement and prescribed Avodart. After doctor’s explanation that it has nothing to do with cancer I was relieved but I would still like to get some more information about this drug because I have never used any drugs before and have never had similar problems. Did anyone had any benefits from Avodart? Thanks for your replies

Hi there! I was using Avodart and had major side effect. I was not able to get an erection. It didn’t appear immediately but gradually although the drug started working and decreased some of the troubling urinary symptoms I had. I spoke to my wife and we decided that I should stay on the drug because I was losing the symptoms and we kind of realised that this was more important at the moment, so we decided I should stay on the drug. As time went by, I managed to regain my “manhood” just like my doctor said I would. However, I spoke to a guy who had problems with breast enlargement during his treatment and the problem persisted the whole time he was on Avodart. If you notice any side effects, you should talk to your doctor and see if the benefits outweigh the risks.