ocassionally the last six months my urine has a strong odor almost like sulfur

I know it's been a while since you posted this, but did you ever figure it out. my doctor is stumped. no UTI, just urine odor and sometimes upper vag pain.

Did you find out what causes this smell, and about your pain, I have similiar symptoms....

Strong urine smell can be caused by medications and diet. The strong sulfur smell is generally caused by foods containing thiol and/or mercaptan compounds, which contain sulfur.

Some of these foods are onions, garlic, asparagus, and cabbage.

I was wondering if it was possible that multivitamins could cause the sulfur smell in urine? I have noticed over the past few months that, at times, my urine has a very very strong sulfur odor to it. I should mention that I am 26, male and have had prostatitis and take cardura and avodart regularly for that issue. I was starting to get concerned that maybe it was something really really serious since some had mentioned it being urinary stones and such, but then I remembered that I have recently started taking multivitamins, one in fact, is a B COMPLEX that STINKS like rotting eggs. I am wondering if that smelly pill is just flushing out through my urine and causing the odor? is this a possibility?

I had strong urine oder. I stopped taking the multivitamins, and within days the oder went away. I had no change in diet. What I was wondering is whether there are multivitamins which would not cause the oder. I have been using Centrum Silver for men...JDH

I know on another site now closed to comments that someone thought Avodart caused their strong urine smell. Well that other reply said it does not and they gave a link. The links never specify about the urine odor. I can tell you the smell is enough to make you vomit. I stopped the Avodart for about two months and the urine odor was gone in about two weeks. He is now back on it due to an enlarged prostrate and the mackerel horrible fish odor is back. There is all the proof I need, the Avodart does cause the urine to smell in time. Oh nothing is wrong with his bladder, prostrate except enlarged, they see no reason for the odor but I know better. I did the test!

I previously took a multivitamin from gnc with no problems. I tried some of my husband's Centrum when I ran out. with in 48 hours my urine had a foul order. I am stopping them in the morning, I believe the smell will go away once I am taking my gnc vitamins again