Hi there. I'm 16 years old. I'm doing a school research on alternative medicine. I decided that my main focus will be reiki. But, I would like to have another topic, so that I could compare these two. My friend proposed me to write about ayurvedic detox. Before I start searching for info, I need to know if I'm on the right path. Are these two similar?

In a way, yes. They both represent a way to enhance our body and mind health. Ayurveda literally means "a science of life" in Sanskrit. There are some documents about ayurveda that are 5000 years old! Today, this science of life is known as Maharishi Ayurveda school. Ayurvedic detox is just a part of Ayurveda teachings, and it's basically a program of body cleansing that is performed at the end of each weather season. So you realize that these two subjects you’re writing of are very similar.