Hi, I have heard about all kinds of alternative medicine. I have even tried some of them, with little or no success. The latest thing I have heard about is ayurvedic healing. I was wondering what this new thing all about is. Why is ayurvedic healing better than the rest of the bunch?

Hi, Ayurveda or ayurvedic healing originates from India. It is one of the oldest medical systems in the world. The translation of the word Ayurveda means "the science of life." It exists in India for several thousands of years, so you see that it isn’t a new thing. The Ayurveda philosophic view on life states that the persons mind, body and soul are connected with each other and with the universe. To remain healthy we have to keep them well balanced. The basic difference is that Ayurveda looks at each person as a unique individual and there for each person has to follow its own recommendations for a healthy life.