Hi, my friend has signed her son in the Maharishi School. I am wondering why she did that. She says that this type of education is much more effective. I am not so sure. Her son has changed a lot since he started to go to this Maharisihi School. He is much quieter now and I am wondering what exactly are they teaching him there? Is this Maharishi School a cover up for some cult?

Hi, the Maharishi School of the Age of Enlightenment is definitely different. First of all the classes are gender separated. The students learn the usual subjects math, language, art, science and so on. They also teach the less usual subjects that include learning old Indian language Sanskrit and the Science of Creative Intelligence. The teachers say that they have a holistic approach to learning. This helps the students to relate to subjects and to achieve better results. Transcendental meditation is also included. I am under the impression that this type of education dictates the children to think in the certain direction, and does non give them an opportunity to choose for themselves. Because of that, even though the teachers in Maharishi School deny it, the idea that the school is some kind of cult can not be dismissed.