Hello. I'm 54 year old male and about a month ago I have experienced very serious accident when I slipped on ice in front of my house. I fell on my back and hit the ground with my head.
Doctor determined that I have developed some mild contusion and that I will not have any consequences. But beside this head injury I have also injured my cervical spine and that is the real problem.
I have developed some mild disc herniation at C5-C6 localization.
Doctor told me that this condition needs more time to be evaluated properly. Please tell me, what could I expect from this?

Hello. I will tell you some stuff about this and I don’t want to scar you. You see, disc herniation could be very dangerous condition and I will not rush into any solution.
The compression can cause injury of the spine and believe me- you don’t want to injure your spine in this C5-C6 region.
I would recommend physical therapy as the first measure. If this did not lead to prolonged improvement of the condition, then doctor should think about possible epidural spinal catheter because it could reduce the compromised structures in the spinal canal.
If this doesn’t help then the operation, Discectomy and Spinal Fusion, is your only option. Good luck!