I have had problems with my neck and shoulder for years. I finally found that I had a spur in my C6 vertebrae and a bulge in my C5. These were pressing on my spinal cord and pinching nerves which were causing problems with my muscles. There were days that I couldn't even get out of bed. I would start having dizzy spells, blackouts and vertigo. The same day of my surgery, I was able to go and have dinner and walk around. I am ok now. I took only Tylenol for pain.

I have a very similar situation to you. I had a car accident in April and developed tingling in my arms and a little in my legs a month later. An MRI showed a bulge at C4-C5, as well as some slight spur of c6 disc lower in my neck. I've gotten different opinions from 2 neurosurgeons and have been pretty scared about this all. If you'd like to compare notes and info with me, or just give me some support through this, please let me know.