Hi, I have disc herniation bet T6 and T7. How to treat this disorder and to avoid any further destroying of the spine?

Hi, I had disc herniation at L4-5,L5-S1. I had car accident, which lucky me ended only in disc herniation. After treatment with pain killers, which couldn’t prevent all my pain I was sent to anterior diskectomy. I don’t think that it helped me. I still severe back pain, even in the hip. some days I spend in bed, as I am disabled to do anything else because of the pain. A recent MRI showed further degradation of lumbar discs, what causes me pain. One specialist proposed me to have a 2-level fusion. Another believes that an anterior and posterior fusion, will provide best chances for successful fusion.

abernathy wrote:

[ive actually had this problem in 1995,,,i ended up having fusion in that area with pieces if rib bone in its place :o /quote]

I also have a T6-T7 disk hurniation. I have been dealing with this now for about 4 to 5 months. First off I started with mild pain killers and the doctor at the time wanted me on physical therapy before confirming his hurniation thoughts with an MRI. After 1 month of physical therapy feeling like it was making it worse I decided to go to a orthopedic surgen, he done the MRI off the bat and confirmed our fears of a T6-T7 disk hurniation. From there I was sent to a spinal surgen who has me atm going to a pain management for 4 to 6 weeks. If that does nothing they said they are going to have to open the chest, move the heart, take out three inches of the rib, come in at an angel to deal with the disks, then the major issues or fear is a collaspsed lung. So everyone keeps telling me don't have the surgery and the way they talk it is 50/50 about the pain actually going away after the surgery.

Hi I also have a disc protrusion in the t-7.My MRI shows no fluid between the disc Surgeon says that he will not do surgery because he could go in and sow it but he said that it is no gauranteed to fix it and the risk of the surgery is not worth the outcome they tell me that a disc protrusion is not that serios but I cant tell by the pain and the ribs that i have that keep popping out of place is there antone out there that has had there leg give out or that has had dizzy spells after having theres torn. Also isthere anyone that knows the differance between a disc prtrusion,a disc tear,a disc bulge,ora herniated disc.I have also read that a mri is about a 30% false positive I have had injectios in the back and they did nothing i have had physical therapy that did nothing I have benn given pill after pill no results but they say its not that serios any advice!!!

im 40 yrs old with fybromyalgia spinal stenosis and other health problems. for over a yr i have had pain in back of rib cage area. drs would only tell me its chest wall pain. in may i told them i wanted a mri done right away. which showed small hernia t7 t8 area in my spine. drs now r telling me small hernias usually fix them selves. well its not. im afraid the hernias parelizing me. even littlest movement sends shooting pain up my back. just sitting here typing this is hard. i can hardly lift or reach my arms out in front of me. im getting nothing for the pain. i take tylenol but thats not working anymore i dont know what to do. i think being dead would be easyer than being ignored by my drs.

I had a lumbar discectomy in 2009 on my entire Lspine, all my lower disc's were herniated no i have a T6-T7 and T8-T9 herniation that is inverted rather then exverted so it is pressing on my Spinal column, there isn't anything that we can do pain killers don't work, physical therapy doesn't work we haved to just deal with the pain. oh i'm only 26 if anyone has any suggestions or comments please let me know. ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

i have had this same problem for 5 yrs now. drs told me same thing small hernias heal them selves. i also have fybromyalga and spinal stenosis along with other health problems. i feel the exact same way you do some nights i prey i wont wake up the next morning.

i have a T6-T7 protruding disc. Same symptoms. My whole elft side numb tingling, cannot sit or stand for any period of time or my whole body gets weak. Cannot work for the past 6 weeks een at a desk. Had shots, epidural, meds...not haling. I am sure there is nerve damage as I lose strength in my left hand. Lifting a coffee cupfeels heavy. Going back and demanding a second opinion by a neurosurgeon. Hate surgery but I am in so much pain and fully disabled! n Cannot even go grocery shopping or walk my 20-lb dog. I am going to lose my job soon. I am demanding they do something because I will not live like ths. Been hospitalized twice during this.