Hi, two weeks ago I was going back from work, and I fell down the stairs. My leg hurt ever since. I asked a doctor about this injury, and it turned out that I have a Herniation at C 5-6. He told me that I need a surgery, but I’m not shore about that. Did anyone have a similar problem?

I also have a C5-6 Herniation. The bookshelf fell over me and injured my back. The injury is now about 5 months old, but it’s not in my leg like in your case, but in my arm. I ‘m having the pain right now, as I sit in front of a computer. Herniation at C 5-6 compresses the spinal nerve root and results with arm pain. Here’s what this surgery looks like: first, the incision is made so the cervical vertebrae is exposed. Then they remove the disc material and vertebral end plates, and at the end, they remove also extruded disc fragments. I decided to go to the surgery because I can’t live like this any more. The recovery time will probably be long, but it’s worth it.