When I get myself off, or especially when my boyfriend gets me off (although he has yet to manage this without assistance from me), I am in a very bad mood for a while afterwards. I'm wondering if this is normal, what could cause it, what could fix it, etc. I'm wondering if maybe I'm not actually orgasming, but just getting really close? Any advice is much appreciated.

I also have a three-day filthy bad mood after orgasm. I wish I knew exactly why, but in my case it is likely to be a symptom of my bipolar disorder.

Do you cycle between depression and mania (being unnaturally excited, energetic or happy?), do you over-react to situations or have bouts of aggression and hypersexuality?

All I can suggest is to have your hormone levels tested. It's important to try to fix this, because your partner will eventually avoid getting you off for fear of the consequences.

That's a good question.

It's not unusual for some men to report depression after the thrill of masturbation.

And some women cry or sob after orgasm.

But a bad mood that lingers after orgasm? That's a new one on me.

That's a good question.

And some women cry or sob after orgasm.

I'll yield to someone with more experience in this area.

I know that as a male, I will feel tired, especially if I have sex in the morning, and that I will want to sleep and catch up on my energy if I reach orgasm.
If I don't, I'll become cranky and possibly have a migraine headache later.

That's about as far as I can contribute to this. Anyone else?

I've had the same problem all my life... and to be honest, it always happens when i'm not feeling entirely okay with the relationship i'm in. When i keep asking myself during the day if this really is what i want, then things always turn out like this in bed.
On the other hand, whenever i feel completely content with my relationship, this awful thing never happens to me...
So it's like a good indicator - your orgasm never lies :-D