I feel that this is a fairly common question on websites such as this, and although I have looked into responses to those other questions, I am still unable to reach a climax. That being said, it's probably important to note that I have never had an orgasm in my life.

I am a 17 year old girl, and have never been one for masturbation. I am recently out of a relationship that lasted over a year with countless sexual encounters, in which I was never able to reach climax, no matter how hard my partner or I tried. I can also now say that I never really enjoyed the sex in that relationship, although it's difficult to say whether that was because of my partner or myself, as he was my first (although I believe that the problem was me). Now that I am out of that relationship, I've been finding myself more and more sexually frustrated, and have finally turned to masturbation. That should be helpful and easy, right?

I've tried on multiple occasions to get the mood right for myself with silence, music, even pornography to help ease it along and try to reach some kind of satisfaction, but after 15-30 minutes of effort, I still feel nowhere near a climax. I thought it was supposed to be pretty easy to climax if one doesn't regularly masturbate? These situations have begun leaving me in tears because it feels as though I'll never be able to satisfy myself even the slightest. I'm beginning to feel hopeless and am just looking for some advice, maybe even from someone who has come from a similar situation, as to what I can do to reach the orgasm that I feel I so desperately need.

First of all I will say that this is a pretty common problem, especially in younger women with less experience. You are not alone. I did not have my first orgasm until a few months ago, and I am 20. I have a couple of suggestions you might try.

First of all you might experiment with some "extra help" to give you your first orgasm. You might want to try buying a vibrator or using running water. I had my first orgasm under the running bath faucet. Just set it to a comfortable temperature, position yourself so the water is running right over your clitoris, and lay back and relax. A detachable shower head works too.

When using your hands, try this method: as you are gently stimulating your clitoris, squeeze your vaginal muscle and then relax it, exhaling as your tighten and inhaling DEEPLY as you relax. Do this over and over and faster and faster, and make sure you are relaxing your muscles fully each time you inhale. If you want to make sure you are doing this right google "kegel excercises".  This may sound complicated, but it really does work, though it may takes a little practice. Make sure you breath deeply.

The most important part is to not stress and just enjoy yourself. You'll figure it out eventually. :)

You know, making a big deal out of wanting to reach orgasm is one of the most important things that can actually hold you back from experiencing one. 

As for not reaching climax during masturbation even if you do all the "right things", knowing different masturbation techniques for women and being aroused, well, I can tell you... I masturbate sometimes, and I sometimes reach climax, but sex with my boyfriend is just way sexier. It's almost like... you know those massage devices (for your back and shoulders)? They feel good, but nowhere near as relaxing as when an experienced massage therapist massages you. Also... eating your own cooking can taste good, but nowhere near as good as a meal someone else made for you with love. I kind of see masturbation in the same light. It's good, but not as good as someone else touching you!

ok so im doing this reight nOW!! hahahahaha feels really good so heres what to do! 1 get a stuffed animal 2 turn it so its snout is sideways 3prop ut legs and torso up 4rub ur p**** on its snout till wet 5 then when wet get on the ground and hump it hard! if no one is home make noses like " uggg and yes yes harder harder! " but still have it side ways 6 do it tilll happy im hu,ping hard and I'm getting thereIIIII salmozt three! YESSSSSSSSSS THAT WAZ AWESOME! BIG TIP! if you judt cant get to your happy cum time close ur eyes it worked like magic for me